Meditation is a state of being meditative – not an action so you can’t do meditation.
However meditation practise is the process of learning to become still, of learning to let go of stress and anxiety. It is a practise in consciousness, an expanding or deepening awareness and experience of body, mind and inner self.
By knowing yourself, you will be better able to navigate your way through life with less suffering and greater success. Meditation is not only good for your mental health, it can also make you smarter. A study published in Consciousness and Cognition showed that just after 4 days of daily meditation, participants demonstrated improvements in memory, concentration and lowered stress levels. It is believed that the main reason for meditation improving your IQ is because it slows brain wave activity, which allows the brain to increase its plasticity and reorganize itself.
Many words have been written about meditation, but meditation is best understood by practise, so please do this where ever you are.
Meditation classes Thursday evenings 7.30 – 9.00pm in Christchurch
- Classical Yoga Meditations based on ancient Hindu traditions.
Term one, the comparison of ancient knowledge and modern science and how this knowledge can improve one’s life.
- The format is a talk followed by a discussion and guided meditation
- All are welcome but please contact David on 980 4646 if you’d like to come as space is limited.
- Koha – no fee
- Philpotts Rd
- Please register by calling David on 9804646 or email
- have a very light evening meal
- wear light comfortable clothing
- you may also like to bring a cushion
For some understanding, please play the video and you can download a free Isha Krya guided meditation for use in your daily practise.